1/21/2009

Labyrinth by Kate Mosse

I picked up this book a while back while on a business trip. I found it in the clearance section, so I got it for a steal. I am usually up for a good historical fiction story.

I tried reading it when I first bought it, but was having a hard time being drawn into the story. There is a lot of written French, which I have a hard time with.

I lent the book to a friend, who also enjoys historical fiction and she loved it.

The book has been sitting in my bookcase ever since. I finally pulled it out over the weekend and am not experiencing the same apprehension at reading the story.

It is essentially another grail story, but with a bit of a twist...

I will warn you that it does jump around a lot and it is hard to keep the characters straight, who's good, who's bad, who's who, who's when... (if you read the book, you'll get this).

It was a good book, but I'll need to re-read it sometime to see if I understand the storyline a little better. In my opinion, it would have been better for the author to stick to a couple of storylines, but I understand why it was written the way it was written... I would have just liked to get more involved with the characters than I did...

No comments: